Residential Waste & Recycling
- View our Pay-As-You-Throw Brochure (PDF) for details.
- Find out which day your area is serviced in the Service Day by Area document (PDF).
Very Important! Please read! The City of Fayetteville operates a Pay-As-You-Throw Trash Program for residential customers. With this system, residents are charged based on the size container they select. Please make sure to sign up for the correct size cart for your residence. More information on each size cart can be found by accessing our resource on the Pay-As-You-Throw Trash Cart Program.
Very Important! Please read! With the Pay-As-You-Throw Program, the city charges $6.26 per each additional extra bag of trash. Extra bags of trash can be those on the ground or in the cart with the lid open. Each residence receives 4 free virtual stickers each year to use with the program. These virtual extra bag stickers are shown on the monthly water bill. Bags collected at the curb without stickers will be charged the $6.26 per bag charge on your monthly bill. All paper stickers from previous years expired on December 31st, 2014.
Very Important! Please read! All lids on the carts must be closed completely or a $6.26 charge for each visible bag sticking out of the cart will be charged to the resident. It is much cheaper to get the correct sized cart for your residence than it is to be charged for each extra bag placed above the rim of the cart. Please choose your cart size wisely.
In cases of inclement weather please check the website or local paper for schedule changes. For more information on your scheduled trash day please contact the Recycling and Trash Collection Division
How to Dispose of Large Bulky Items at Your Home?
There are several options to dispose of large bulky items from your home:
1) Each single family residence is allowed 1 free bulky-waste pickup at their home each year. Access the Bulk Pickup Program resource for more information.
2) Ward bulky waste clean ups are held each year. Please read about these clean ups to find out more about how these clean ups work and how you can participate.
3) The Recycling and Trash Collection Division has a variety of container sizes to help with remodeling and construction disposal projects. Please find out more about these services.
Recycling & Trash Collection
Residential services, General Information
1560 S. Happy Hollow Road
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Email the Division
Commercial Service Representative
Commercial & Roll off services
Waste Reduction Coordinator
Education, Business Recycling