What is this project?
This project consisted of the widening and improvement of Van Asche Drive from N. Gregg Avenue to Garland Avenue (Highway 112), including new location from Roosevelt Avenue to McGuire Street. The project included:
- Four lanes divided by a center median (from McGuire to Gregg)
- Four and five lane section (from Garland to McGuire)
- 5-foot-wide sidewalk along the north side of the roadway
- 10-foot-wide shared-use trail with a 5-foot-wide sidewalk along the south side of the roadway
Why is it important?
This project provides a direct connection from Garland Avenue (Highway 112) to N. Gregg Avenue, and is an integral part of the "Mayor's Box."
What is the current status?
- Street construction is COMPLETE. A ribbon cutting was held on Sept. 23, 2015.
- Traffic signal construction is COMPLETE.
- Tree Planting for the median is COMPLETE.
How was this project funded?
This project is funded by the Transportation Bond Program.
Video -- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony / YouTube (09/23/2015)