What is this project?
As the first segment of the Rupple Road project, these improvements will extend Rupple Road from Owl Creek School just south of Persimmon Street to connect with Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard at the intersection with Smokehouse Trail. The project will include:
- Four lanes divided by a center median.
- Grass median designed to accommodate the stormwater runoff from the street.
- 5-foot-wide sidewalk along the east side of the roadway.
- 12-foot-wide shared-use trail along the west side of the roadway.
- Signalization of the intersection with Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard. (Upon approval of AHTD)
- Street connections to Alberta and Catalpa with a four-way roundabout.
- Two roundabouts for future collector streets.
Why is it important?
The Rupple Road project is a much-needed arterial connection between Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard. and W. Wedington Drive that provides an alternate north and south bound route to I-49.
What is the current status?
Construction is COMPLETE as of May 2017.
How was this project funded?
Sweetser Construction was awarded the construction contract on August 18, 2015 in the amount of $7,307,280. This project is funded by the Transportation Bond Program.
Zoomed View of Conceptual Plan
Bid 15-38 Construction Plans