What is this project?
As the third segment of the Rupple Road project, these improvements will relocate an existing portion of N. Rupple Road to align with the existing signalized intersection on W. Mt. Comfort Road. The project will include:
- Four lanes divided by a center median.
- New four-lane bridge over Hamestring Creek.
- A dedicated right turn lane at the intersection with W. Mt. Comfort Road.
- 6-foot-wide sidewalk along the east side of the roadway.
- 12-foot-wide shared-use trail along the west side of the roadway.
- Creation of a four-way signaled intersection with W. Mt. Comfort Road.
Why is it important?
This arterial will provide an alternate north and south bound route to I-49 that extends from Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard to Mount Comfort Road. Additionally, this relocation will alleviate the existing undesirable offset intersection with W. Mount Comfort Road and will make it much more efficient and safe for motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians, etc.
What is the current status?
Construction is complete.
How was this project funded?
This project is funded by the Transportation Bond Program.