Frozen Toes 5K & 15K Trail Run
The City’s annual cold weather trail running race at Kessler Mountain Regional Park. The Frozen Toes 5K & 15K Trail Run is perfect for runners looking to transition from a 5K or 10K to a longer distance OR for those who want to try their first trail running race. The singletrack trails of Kessler Mountain are technical in most areas, but the views are worth every step of the course! Take a break from the pavement and give trail running in the Natural State a try!
When: January 21, 2023, 9:00AM
Where: Kessler Mountain Regional Park
Registration for the 2022 Frozen Toes Trail Races is now OPEN! Sign up here.
$35 for the 15K
$30 for the 5K
Registration includes participant socks, finisher medal, hot soup, a cold beer, and more!
Frozen Toes 5K & 15K Trail Race takes place in January at Kessler Mountain Regional Park.
Registration includes custom event socks, finisher medal, and more.
Where: Kessler Mountain Regional Park (2600 W Judge Cummings Road)
When: 9:00am start (January 22, 2022)
Packet Pick Up:
Friday (January 21): 4:00-6:00pm, Parks & Recreation Office, 1455 S Happy Hollow Road
Saturday (January 22): 7:45-8:45am, Kessler Mountain, 2600 W Judge Cummings Road
Awards provided for overall (top 3) and age group (top 3) finishers.
Photos / Results:
- Kate Austin Photography will be taken official event photos. Access to downloads available on January 24
- Timing will be done by Race Wizard. Live results can be found during the event at www.race-wizard.com
- A results board will also be onsite
Health / Safety:
- If you are sick or not feeling well - please stay home. We'll make sure you get your socks.
- Face coverings must be worn in indoor spaces (office, restrooms, first aid room) and when 6 feet social distance from others cannot be maintained.
- Face coverings are also strongly recommended to be worn in the baseball complex concourse area.
- Dogs are not allowed to participant in the race
- We encourage you to carry your phone on course in the event you need assistance
- Fruit, bagels, and soup will be available at the race.
- Water, Gatorade, coffee, hot cocoa, and a complimentary beer (21+) are available to runners
- Bring layers and dry clothes - heated restrooms are available for changing
- Raffle prizes will be given away
The course starts/ends at the Kessler Mountain Baseball Complex. Both are 95% singletrack! The 15K course has a number of very technical sections.
If you are looking to get involved, we have plenty of opportunities such as event set up, participant check in, water/aid stations, course monitors, and more. Register for this or any Fayetteville Parks and Recreation events via Give Pulse or contact Tiffany Hoover, Assistant Recreation Superintendent, by email.
Support this trail race as a sponsor! The Fayetteville Race Series would not be successful with out support from our event sponsors. Thank you to those who have contributed! For information on sponsorship opportunities, please refer to the above linked sponsorship deck and contact Fayetteville Parks and Recreation.