Annual Celebration of Trees
2021 Celebration of Trees
Date: Saturday, October 23
Time: 7:00 a.m. until supplies are exhausted
Location: Spring Street Parking Garage: please enter the parking deck from Spring Street and exit on S. School.
Quantities are limited and trees are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Limit 2 plants per present Fayetteville adult resident. Proof of residency will be required.
This will be a drive-through event to maintain proper social distancing. Participants should wear face coverings while going through the parking garage and remain in their vehicles. Staff and volunteers will load the plants into the vehicles.
Fact sheets about plant characteristics, planting suggestions, and management tips will be available with each tree or shrub.
- Arrowwood viburnum – Viburnum dentatum
- Beauty Berry – Callicarpa americana
- Bur Oak – Quercus macrocarpa
- Native Fringe Tree – Chionanthus virginicus
- Nuttall Oak- Quercus texana
- Paw Paw – Asimina triloba (very limited quantity)
- Pecan – Carya illinoinesis
- Rusty Blackhaw – Viburnum rufidulum
- Shingle Oak – Quercus imbricaria
- Virginia Sweetspire – Itea viginica ‘Henry’s Garnet’
- Willow Oak – Quercus phellos
Right Tree, Right Place
The Urban Forestry Advisory Board and Urban Forestry staff stress the importance of “Right Tree, Right Place.” Trees can take many years to reach their mature height and spread. It is important for homeowners to take all surroundings into consideration when choosing the location for their new tree. To avoid the need for heavy pruning or removal, consider the mature height of the tree and its proximity to overhead power lines. Residents should always contact Arkansas One Call at 811 or 800-482-8998 before digging. For additional information on this year’s available trees and shrubs, please call the City’s urban foresters at 479-444-3486 or 479-444-3470.