The Transportation Division maintains the roadways, walkways, and stormwater systems to ensure safe and efficient travel for the citizens of Fayetteville.
The Division manages the following programs, listed below. Under these programs, our crew members work on multiple projects, such as improving and constructing infrastructure, clearing debris from roads and drains, cutting grass and weeds on areas adjacent to public property, and removing snow and ice in inclement weather.
- Operations and Administration
- Traffic Control and Maintenance
- Trail Development
Make a Report
- Traffic light problems
- Debris in the road
- Obstructions or outflow issues in ditches and storm drains
- Fallen, stolen, or damaged traffic signs
The Transportation Division provides services only within the public right-of-way and where drainage easements exist. For more information, please refer to the Street Maintenance Program page.
*** Please note for reports in these areas:
- Street Lights (not traffic lights) – The street lights in your neighborhood are maintained by the electric companies. If there is a street light out or electrical lines that are hanging low, please contact either SWEPCO or Ozarks Electric Cooperative for service or concerns. (They will require the pole number on the pole to complete your request.) You can enter your outage or concern on their websites, or Ozarks can be reached at 479-521-2900 and SWEPCO at 1-888-216-3523.
- Downed Tree Limbs – For downed tree limbs blocking traffic or ability for vehicles to pass, please contact the City of Fayetteville Parks, Natural Resources and Cultural Affairs Dept. at 479-444-3471.
- Square Cut In Roadway / Water Leaking Onto Road – If there is a square cut in the roadway that needs to be filled, or if there is water leaking up into the road, please contact the City of Fayetteville Water and Sewer Dept. at 479-575-8386.