City Offices COVID Health & Safety Measures
Facility Modifications and Cleaning Practices:
- Common areas, offices and frequently touched surfaces are receiving enhanced cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day.
- City buildings have UV lights and Needlepoint Ionization air purification devices installed in their HVAC systems.
- Fresh air intake has been increased into buildings and HVAC systems.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout City Hall.
Social Distancing and Masks:
- Masks are not required to enter City buildings; however, masks are recommended especially for those who are not yet fully vaccinated.
- Masks are available in every City building, at no cost, for staff and visitor use.
- Social distancing is recommended, particularly for those who are not yet fully vaccinated or unable to wear a mask.
Health Precautions In Place for City Staff:
- The City encourages staff to become fully vaccinated.
- Staff are discouraged against coming to work if sick.
- Contract tracing and testing practices are in place, per CDC guidelines.
- Masks are provided to all staff.
- Where possible, staff can choose to attend meetings virtually or in person, depending on preference.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing stations are available in all City facilities.
- Work spaces are routinely cleaned and disinfected.
Public Access to City Hall Spaces
- During public meetings that extend past 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, members of the public can access City Council chambers and second floor overflow seating using the main staircase, stairwells and elevator to the second floor.
- Members of the public can access the third floor via stairwell and elevator between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Basement access via the employee outside entrance, stairwells and elevator is available only to City staff with badge permissions.
City Council Meetings:
- A virtual attendance option (via Zoom) remains in place for City Council meetings until further notice.
- Registration to speak on an agenda item is required whether you attend a public meeting in person or virtually.
- If you want to watch a meeting but aren’t interested in participating in public comment, you can watch through the City’s YouTube channel, Cox Channel 216, AT&T U-verse Channel 99 or through the City’s livestreaming channel.
Other Public Meetings:
- Not all public meetings will have in-person access.
- Board and Committee Chairs may opt to continue with virtual-only access until further notice.
- Please check the public meetings calendar to learn whether a meeting is offering hybrid (virtual and in-person) or virtual-only attendance.
Applying for Water and Sewer Service
- Starting new water and sewer service can be done online.
- Please begin your application process here: https://www.fayetteville-ar.gov/1368/Setting-up-New-Water-Sewer-Services.
- You can either complete the process online or fill out a paper application available outside of City Hall.
- For more information or questions about filling out application please call (479) 521-1258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.