ARPA Nonprofit Assistance Programs
The City of Fayetteville has three programs available for assisting nonprofit organizations that serve Fayetteville residents and have experienced negative impacts because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The first program was approved by City Council in February 2022 and an application portal opened on Feb. 18. The second and third programs were unanimously approved by City Council on Tuesday, April 5.
City Council also voted unanimously to appropriate $1 million of the City’s American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding for these nonprofit grants and economic assistance programs.
Program 1: Grants to non-profits - $25,000 or greater (Deadline has passed)
- Eligibility requirements apply
- Application Portal available here - April 30 deadline
- Go to the program information page
- Eligible applicants will be reviewed and approved by City Council
Program 2: Economic assistance to non-profits
Nonprofits have faced significant challenges due to the pandemic’s increased demand for services and changing operational needs, as well as declines in revenue sources such as donations and fees. Nonprofits eligible for assistance are those that experienced negative economic impacts or disproportionate impacts of the pandemic and meet the definition of “nonprofit” — specifically, those that are 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19) tax-exempt organizations.
The following economic assistance programs are available to eligible nonprofits. Eligible organizations should apply for only one of the below programs. Application forms will be available on this page as soon as possible.
2A: Assistance under $5,000
- Total assistance of up to $5,000 per qualifying non-profit applicant
- $100,000 has been appropriated by City Council for this program
- Designed to address more urgent and immediate needs directly related to COVID-19
- Eligible non-profits include 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19) organizations serving Fayetteville residents
- Qualifying costs eligible for assistance include payroll, rent or other operating costs
- No deadline set for applications
- Contact Community Resources Director Yolanda Fields for more information: 479-575-8290 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- ARPA nonprofit application for assistance under $5,000
- Applications should be submitted to email@example.com
2B: Assistance over $5,000 (Deadline has passed)
- Assistance for qualifying nonprofit applicants for requests of more than $5,000
- $900,000 has been appropriated by City Council for this program
- This program is intended to assist qualifying nonprofits that experienced negative economic impact directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Examples of negative economic impacts can include an increased demand for services provided, changing operational needs, a decline in revenue sources (such as donations and fees), reduced ability to hold fundraising events, increased costs or challenges covering payroll, rent or other operating costs of the nonprofit organization
- Qualifying costs eligible for economic aid include payroll, rent or other operating costs
- Contact Community Resources Director Yolanda Fields for more information: 479-575-8290 or yfields@fayetteville-ar.
- Application deadline: April 30, 2022
- ARPA nonprofit application for assistance over $5,000
- Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org