We are open to public foot traffic, but we do not show pets outside their kennels without an approved application. Please visit the Animal Adoption Process page to find the 3 easy steps to adoption!
Animal Services is a part of the City’s Community Resources Department and provides a variety of essential animal services to Fayetteville.
Animal Services works to assure a community with a low rate of animal nuisance problems and a high rate of animals returned to their homes or natural environments or adopted to loving homes through our City Animal Shelter services. In 2021, we placed over 800 homeless pets in new homes and were able to reunited almost 400 pets with their owners.
The primary objectives of Fayetteville Animal Services include:
- Educating the public to be responsible animal owners
- Placing animals through adoption into responsible, caring homes
- Operating the City of Fayetteville Animal Shelter
- Returning lost animals to their owners
- Providing animal-control services for Fayetteville
- Inspecting and enforcing animal code violations
- Reducing the number of animals that must be humanely euthanized
Animal Services also includes enforcement of the Arkansas Rabies Control Act and City animal ordinances, registration of animals through a mandatory microchip program, providing 24-hour emergency service for injured stray animals, and providing veterinary care for City of Fayetteville Animal Shelter animals.
For emergency services outside our normal operating hours, please call the Police Department at (479) 587-3555. A dispatcher will take your information and an Animal Services Officer will return your call. We have an Animal Services Officer on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year for emergency calls.
For after hours barking dog problems, please contact the Police Department at (479) 587-3555.