Due to the surge in Covid-19 cases, we are currently closed to walk-in public foot traffic. Staff is on site during our normal operating hours; for assistance please call 479-444-3456, press 0. We are offering all normal services.
Animal Services is a part of the City’s Community Resources Department and provides a variety of essential animal services to Fayetteville.
The primary objectives of Fayetteville Animal Services include:
- Educating the public to be responsible animal owners
- Placing animals through adoption into responsible, caring homes
- Operating the City of Fayetteville Animal Shelter
- Returning lost animals to their owners
- Providing animal-control services for Fayetteville
- Inspecting and enforcing animal code violations
- Reducing the number of animals that must be humanely euthanized
Animal Services also includes enforcement of the Arkansas Rabies Control Act and City animal ordinances, registration of animals through a mandatory microchip program, providing 24-hour emergency service for injured stray animals, and providing veterinary care for City of Fayetteville Animal Shelter animals.
For emergency services outside our normal operating hours, please call the Police Department at (479) 587-3555. A dispatcher will take your information and an Animal Services Officer will return your call. We have an Animal Services Officer on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year for emergency calls.
For after hours barking dog problems, please contact the Police Department at (479) 587-3555.