Washington County Regional Ambulance Authority
The Washington County Regional Ambulance Authority is an Arkansas governmental interlocal authority formed pursuant to Arkansas Code Annotated 14-14-910, 14-266-102 and 25-20-101 to authorize cities and counties to enter into inter-local contracts to provide services such as emergency and non-emergency ambulance services.
An inter-local agreement is for ambulance service by and with the City of Fayetteville, Washington County, Elkins, Farmington, Goshen, Greenland, Lincoln, Prairie Grove, West Fork, Winslow and Johnson. It also establishes the Ambulance Authority and Central Emergency Medical Services as the exclusive emergency and non-emergency ambulance service within the cities. The interlocal agreement was adopted by City of Fayetteville Resolution 68-08 on March 18, 2008.
In order to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of the operations, an Executive Committee shall be appointed, charged with the oversight of the day-to-day operation of the ambulance system, and delegated such authority as is necessary to carry out the day-to-day operation of the ambulance system.
The appointees of the Executive Committee do not have an appointed term and shall serve at the pleasure of the appointment authority appointing them.
The seven members of said Executive Committee shall be as follows:
- One County appointee who shall reside in the unincorporated service area<
- Two City of Fayetteville appointees, one of whom must be a Fayetteville City Council member (both City Council appointees shall serve at the pleasure of the City Council and can be removed and replaced by different representatives by City Council resolution)
- One small city appointee to be chosen by the member cities, excluding the City of Fayetteville
- One appointee employed by a nursing home or in a medical profession who shall reside in the City of Fayetteville appointed by a majority vote or written consent of the County appointee; the Fayetteville appointees, and the small city appointee
- One appointee employed by a hospital who shall reside in the City of Fayetteville appointed by a majority vote or written consent of the County appointee; the Fayetteville appointees, and the small city appointee
- One representative of the financial community residing in the authority service area appointed by a majority vote or written consent of the County appointee, the Fayetteville appointees and the small city appointee
City of Fayetteville appointee vacancies are filled by appointment from the governing body of the City.
A weekly meetings list is prepared by the Office of the City Clerk Treasurer; it is distributed to the press and posted online via the City of Fayetteville's calendar.
Time: 5:00 PM
Date: 3rd Wednesday, Monthly
Location: EMS Station 1
645 S. School Avenue
Fayetteville, AR 72701