FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 26, 2017 Contact:
You Are Invited to Comment on Fayetteville's
Future Transportation Strategies and Priorities
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The City of Fayetteville is currently gathering information for the Fayetteville Mobility Plan
– a transportation master plan with a parking management component). Citizen and stakeholder input, transportation analysis data, and the City’s 2030 Plan are being used to develop the new master plan.
To date, the City has hosted three multi-day public input sessions, issued a survey, and created a wikimap – all to gather information from community. City staff is encouraging people to participate in the second survey of the masterplan process. This new survey (available through July 31) asks for opinions on potential strategies to solve some of Fayetteville’s transportation-related challenges and concludes with a project priority exercise.
Public input is vital to help shape the future of transportation in Fayetteville. The projects that come from this study will help determine the next 10 years of capital projects for multi-modal infrastructure: walking, biking, driving, transit, and parking. Survey link Note: While we make every effort to provide a mobile interface to our web content, please be advised that this survey is dense with detailed maps that would not be readable on a mobile device. It would be best to take the survey on a tablet or computer where you could zoom in to see the details.
The City encourages all to visit this webpage
for up-to-date Fayetteville Mobility Plan information. The webpage includes:
- Current live survey link
- Email subscription link to receive updates about the plan (we will not spam you!)
- Project timeline
- Comments from the interactive wikimap (comments can be viewed, however new comments cannot be added)
- Draft of the Existing Conditions Factbook document
- Plan Update documents presented to City Council Agenda Sessions and Transportation Committee
- Video of Plan Update presentation to City Council.
- Executive Summary document
- Required Scope of Work document
City staff notifies email subscribers when updates to the webpage are available. We encourage people to sign up to receive Fayetteville Mobility Plan news here
The Fayetteville Mobility Plan is a strategic process that evaluates Fayetteville's infrastructure, policies, and programs for future planning. The City of Fayetteville is invested in improving transportation, whether you drive and park, bicycle, walk, or use public transit. Please participate in the process during the month of July and tell us what is important to you! The final report will be presented to City Council in the fall.