My business has received a bad check. What should I do?
If you receive a bad check, there are several things you can do immediately. First, send it through the bank a second time. If the check is still insufficient, attempt to contact the check writer and give a time limit on payment. If these methods don't work, you may sign a complaint at the City Prosecutor's Office and they will handle it from there.

Once it has reached this step, do not accept any money on the checks turned over to this office. The check writer must pay through the Hot Check Office.Hot Check Information

Show All Answers

1. What is a violation of the Arkansas Hot Check Law and how does the City Prosecutor handle these violations?
2. Who can use the Hot Check Office?
3. What steps can my business take to avoid receiving a worthless or hot check?
4. My business has received a bad check. What should I do?
5. What happens after I file a complaint with the Hot Check Office?
6. What money is collected for merchants who receive a hot check?
7. What is the amount for a felony hot check?
8. Can all checks that are returned be prosecuted as a hot check?
9. I think the check that I received was a forgery. What should I do?
10. How do I pay my hot check?
11. Where do I file a complaint for a felony hot check?