Fishing and boating permits are required for Lake Fayetteville and Lake Sequoyah and should be purchased at the Boat House/Lake Office prior to accessing the lake. There is no permit requirement for Lake Wilson or other Park areas containing fishable waters. All City lakes are No Wake.
Boating: A boating permit for each boat must be purchased before its use on Lake Fayetteville or Lake Sequoyah. All state laws governing boats apply.
Fishing. All fishing shall be done only from the bank or boat. No wading, swimming, or belly boats shall be permitted in all City Lakes. All AG&F regulations apply and licenses are required.
Annual Boating and Fishing permit
• Over 65 and Veterans - $40.00
• Ages 16-64 - $50.00
Daily Boating and Fishing permit
• Over 65 and Veterans - $5.00
• Ages 16-64 - $6.00
Annual Fishing/Use permit
• Over 65 and Veterans - $20.00
• Ages 16-64 - $30.00
Daily Fishing/Use permit
• Over 65 and Veterans - $2.00
• Ages 16-64 - $3.00
• Under 16 (with permitted adult) - Free
Annual Non-motorized Boating permit (canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, inflatables, sailboats)
• Per patron, nontransferable - $20.00
Daily Non-motorized Boating permit (canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, inflatables, sailboats)
• Per patron, nontransferable - $ 3.00
Annual Boat Docking permit
• City of Fayetteville resident – $250.00
• Non City of Fayetteville resident - $325. 00
Lake Fayetteville, Lake Sequoyah, and Lake Wilson shall be open to the public throughout the year from sunrise to sunset daily and shall be closed each day from sunset to sunrise. Exceptions include:
• Lake Fayetteville and Lake Sequoyah shall be closed on Thanksgiving Day and from sunset on December 23rd through January 14th.
• The Director of the Parks and Recreation Department is authorized to extend the operating hours of a lake when reasonable and necessary to accommodate a tournament, special event, or seasonal weather conditions